Wednesday, October 25, 2017

You're gone.

There’s a hole in the bucket, dear Liza…

Eyes cannot see you.
Hands cannot touch you - if reached for.
Heart cannot meet yours.
Words cannot be heard - if whispered, if screamed.
You’re gone.
No place at the table.
No fire to warm the room.
No bedspread to smooth.
No sweet blue eyes.
No walks among the autumn leaves.
No shared stories.
No laughter at my silliness.
No voice calling in the night.
Even the last voice message you left is gone. (Last phone I had was drenched during my long ride in the rain up Vancouver Island.) 
No music over which to reminisce.
No chiding smile.
No memories being made.
I have your words ringing in the shadows of my heart, and I recall our history of long conversations.
I remember them…
I remember you.

Damn, I miss you so much.
Do you know the void you left?
Or are you so happy in your paradise?
Do you sing?
Do you dance?
Do you embrace those with you?
I’m so jealous.
Yet, I try to be happy for you.
You said goodbye… I knew you had to go, and I couldn’t keep you.

There’s a hole in the bucket, dear Liza…

And it will not be filled.

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is a cracked heart. But may God use the cracks through which to show forth Light.

      Delete
  2. It has been sometime since I’ve visited your blog. But I must agree with Mr, Shirley, your words resonate such heartfelt emotion and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have taken the liberty of reading (again) every blog you have written. You write with intensity and depth that can only come from the heart. I am truly impressed and in awe of your writings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is me.
      This is who I am.
      Flawed, searching, aspiring, full of error, striving for my internal landscape to be a thing of purity... honestly broken beauty.
      My Maker sees me and knows. He counts my tears and smiles with my laughter.
      I can take no credit, but for the falling down and rising again.
      There are tiny triumphs in both the grieving and the joys.
      It's just me. No one of consequence.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we all are. In the acceptance, one is of consequence to one's self... and to those that love us. Thank you for the kind words.

      Delete