Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Gift of Sight

“If there is any need that is perpetually unmet on this planet, it is the need to feel seen. To feel seen in our humanity, in our vulnerability, in our beautiful imperfection. When we are held safe in that, a key turns inside of our hearts, freeing us from our isolation, transforming our inner world. If there is anything we can offer each other, it is the gift of sight. “I see you”-perhaps the most important words we can utter to another. I see you…”
― Jeff Brown

Humanity.
Vulnerability.
Beautiful Imperfection.

I never looked.
Yet I saw.
And held safe...

The other closed their eyes.

Invisible.

Isolated.

I see you.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but if you never look that person in the eyes, the heart will not be seen.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete