Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Grace... and thanks


"They say beauty comes from a spirit that has weathered many hardships in life and somehow continues with resilience.  Grace can be found in a soul that ages softly, even amid the tempest.

I think the loveliest by far is the one whose gentle heart bears a hundred scars from caring, yet still finds a way to pick up the lamp, one more time, to light the way for love."
- susan frybort


This quote chokes me up, and causes my heart to swell in my chest.  
I think of my mother, and her precious spirit, who gave out of a scarred heart, never keeping a tally, never tiring in her prayers and devotion.
I think of the grace extended to me by those others may ridicule.

Beauty.
What is beauty to you?
Where does it reside?

Is it the face? the form? that which can be seen and desired?

or
Resilience?
Perseverance?
Grace?
Softly aging, even among the tempests?
Loveliness?
Gentleness?
Caring?
Finding a way (where others may see none)?
Lighting the way?
This is beauty.
This is love.

You may note that many questions, often rhetorical, are asked on this blog.
The author is inquiring, always wondering... and therefore asking.
The subject matter may seem all too similar.
Well... it is the path my thoughts tread.

Faulty, scarred, ugly even...
Yet aspiring to be counted among those like my mother.
Full of grace.

Heartfelt thanks to those who have continued to light my way to Love.


4 comments: