Thursday, July 6, 2017

Change for the Better...



Earlier today I heard the most hauntingly beautiful instrumental piece playing on my Pandora "Debussy" channel. After not feeling very inspired for quite some time, and believing I had been encouraged, I had determined to write down the emotions this piano composition evoked in me. It was reminiscent of stars revealing themselves slowly, as the night supplanted the day, and stirred a similar awakening within, with the revealing of those tiny points of light, of truth.

However...



Flash forward to this evening, and a different strain of music has overtaken me.  My thoughts are consumed with one who needs to know more than any other that a hand is extended in truth, in honor, in integrity, and in love. Someone has your six. Someone will be there to light the dark, when the bad things come to drag you into shadow. Someone will fight for you when your strength is gone. Someone believes in you when you don't even believe in yourself. Someone loves the truth of who you are, stripped bare and naked to the core, without fear. Unshakable. Immovable. Faithful. And True.

It is not my original intent, but a Change for the Better.  I will let the words of this song speak for themselves, for mine are entirely insufficient.  Read.  And may you experience such a hand... whether it is in the extension of yours, or in grasping the one offered to you.

Lyrics:
When the road gets dark
And you can no longer see
Just let my love throw a spark
And have a little faith in me
And when the tears you cry
Are all you can believe
Just give these loving arms a try, baby
And have a little faith in me (5x)

And when your secret heart
Cannot speak so easily
Come here darling, from a whisper start
To have a little faith in me
And when your backs against the wall
Just turn around and you, and you, you will see
I will catch you, I will catch your fall, baby
Just have a little faith in me
And have a little faith in me (4x)

Well, I've been loving you for such a long time, girl
Expecting nothing in return
Just for you to have a little faith in me
You see time, time is our friend
Cause for us, there is no end
And all you gotta do, is have a little faith in me
I said, I will hold you up, I will hold you up
And your love gives me strength enough, so
Have a little faith in me
I said hey, all you gotta do for me, girl
Is have a little bit of faith in me



2 comments: